Sunday, August 5, 2012

The Object of My Desire

My new Favorite Summer Quote:


"What dreadful hot weather we have! 
It keeps one in a continual state of inelegance."

~ Jane Austen in a letter dated September 18, 1796




And, now. . . introducing the Pegasus.

New to my "Sewing Department".
This is a 30-year old work horse.
Let's just say it fit the budget and I seem to be getting
more and more of an affinity for Items of Age and Grace! 

Keeping with the tradition, my sewing room is truly a sweatshop....
(Well in the summer at least and I am the only employee.)

So, the website where I found this picture of a sweatshop
Also, had this sign...
I had to laugh out loud! 


"DONE!"

SERIOUSLY, I am hoping this machine will help me to be a more
patient, happy seamstress. 
So, here goes....



AND I do have projects!
Stacks and stacks... 
Purples and green... laying in wait.

Ivory and Green sweaters for a Coat, Dress or Skirt.

This is going to be a great Cowgirl T-shirt Dress


First up:
White Mexico T-shirt ReCycle Assemblage Dress  (Size small/medium)



The Dress is finished now! Available for sale at my studio. 


En Mexico Puro
One-of-a Kind Assemblage Dress
Colorful Embroidered top

White Lace Sleeves 
Cotton T-shirt fabric for balance of Shirt 
Cut from Mexico Souvenir Shirts
Hermosillo, San Carlos, Rocky Point
Includes local BooBar logo.
"Today isn't your Day" quote 
"Picoso pero Sabroso!"  
(Spicy but Tasty)
HOT! 
Lightweight cotton dress 
Just perfect for summer
Size Medium 
Circle skirt is 20" from waist
$120.00




Dress Back Detail


ReUse   RePurpose    ReCycle



 


No comments: