Monday, March 7, 2022

A Scrumptious Project for Spring 2022


Every once in awhile, I get asked to design something 
that really is special. 
Recently, I was asked to take a basic little dress 
and re-design it for a special event -
a wedding vow reaffirming ceremony.  


The dress as it looked.



Pinterest Inspiration 
* So, this dress is leather and very different fabrics
than I would be working with. However, the concept 
of the shirt's layers and asymmetry was the 
beginning of some inspiration. 



I had one piece of this lovely beaded detail which 
would perfectly pair with the beaded crown.



And, I was all set to start the re-designing!


Re-aligned the under-slip and added the 
♡ Lovely Detailing. ♡ 




Then I cut off the bottom tier of the skirt.
And, added length to the under-skirt. 


I realized that the middle tier seam was never going to look 
right. It was going to have to go! 
This meant removing the entire skirt to remake it. 



Much better!
Next step was adding the (curtain) sheer skirt fabric.
This was very assymetrical and would become
 a train at the back of the dress.



Now, for the fun part! 


The tiny hand-cut fabric flower buds - each one 
with bits of multi-color yarn strands. 


Some of the detail work could be sewn 
on by machine . . . 



 
. . . but much of it would be hand-sewn.



A few views of the skirt and train:






Introducing, my favorite Spring 2022 Project: 


This was a fantastic and fun project. 
From concept to finish, it was totally enjoyable. 

I describe this dress as "ethereal" - 
Delicately lovely with a fairy-land mystique. 





          Congratulations!



No comments: